The Sapphire is our flagship microphone designed specifically for educators. Hands free, lightweight, and hardly noticeable when worn on a lanyard or clipped directly to your neckline collar. It transmits wirelessly to a TeachLogic audio receiver, which can be part of a complete TeachLogic classroom audio system (microphone + amplifier/receiver + speakers) or added to an existing sound system by using our VoiceLink I receiver. Regardless, the Sapphire ensures your students hear equally well.
Performance: The Sapphire’s vocal clarity is unsurpassed. It boasts high level output, reliable connectivity and exceptional definition. With a built-in breath filter, the Sapphire can also function as a pass-around hand mic.
Function: Hold for 1 second to power ON. The “TL” light will glow blue. With a tap on the power button, the mic mutes (blinking blue light) for private conversation—tap again to restore to normal operation. The auxiliary input allows wireless playback of an audio device like a music player. A three-position slide switch provides selection of HIGH, MID or LOW (Normal, -3dB or -6dB) microphone volume level.
Safety: The IRT-60 features Security Alert, holding down the priority button for five seconds activates a security alert through the existing intercom system.
This is a suitable replacement for IRT-55 and IRT-89 infrared microphones.
Sapphire™ Microphone Details
- Elegant design
- Only 1.4 oz. including battery
- Long life lithium-ion battery
- Rechargeable via micro USB or optional BRC-60 charging dock
- Battery level indicator
- Back light under power switch
- Momentary mute button
- Back light blinks in mute mode
- Push “On/Off” power
- Channel A or B selectable
- 3 level mic volume switch: Normal, - 3 dB, -6 dB (high, mid, low)
- Auxiliary input (3.5 mm) for audio device or head-worn mic
- Low profile clip for mounting to lapel or pocket
- Adjustable lanyard included
- Security Alert activation (press/hold “Priority” button 4 seconds)
- Teacher “Priority” control over aux/line inputs (lowers audio volume)
- Aux mic input controls
- Priority Switch features only function with Matrix™, Forum™ 232, Maxim™ III and Spectrum™ III amplifier/receiver
- 5 YEAR MICROPHONE WARRANTY
- 2 YEAR BATTERY WARRANTY
|Dimensions||1.25 × .75 × 3.5 in|
2.08 MHz & 2.54 MHz
± 25 kHz
60 ft line of sight
|Latency (mic to speakers)||
Lithium-ion (3.7 V / 620 mAh)
|External Power Charger||
5 V DC micro USB connector
Press & Hold
Momentary press (blinks when muted)
|> Addt'l Mic Gain Control||
Normal, -3 dB, -6 dB
|> Audio Source Vol/Gain||
|> Channel Select||
(A or B) in battery compartment
|External Mic/ Aux Input||
3.5 mm Line Level; automatically detects line in vs. mic
3.5" H x 1.25" W x 0.75" D
Sapphire™ Microphone Downloads
- IRT-60 Sapphire Spec Sheet
- IRT-60 Sapphire Specs
- Proper Charging of the Sapphire Microphone
- Quick Tip - Microphone Cleaning
- Sapphire™ User Guide
- TeachLogic Full Line Catalog
- White Paper: The Importance of Teacher Microphones
Sapphire™ Microphone Frequently Asked Questions
add_circleremove_circle_outlineHow often should I charge my microphone?
A microphone that is being used regularly needs to be charged every night. When the microphone will not be used for an extended period of time--such as winter or summer break--then fully charge the battery and disconnect the charger from its power source. Recharge the battery upon your return.