Most students cannot hear as well as needed in a typical classroom environment. For almost three decades TeachLogic has developed instructional audio systems to overcome barriers to listening in classroom environments.
The heart of TeachLogic is a cross functional team of employees dedicated to improving student performance without adding complexity to daily instruction. Our goal is to make classroom audio a primarily technology in K-12 classrooms by educating school organizations about the proven outcomes and return on investment (ROI) of “Sound Field” systems.
The TeachLogic team and its partners spans North America, and our collective work has helped hundreds of thousands of teachers and students. We provide an authentic work-life balance and understands the value of a family environment at work and home. Join us as we navigate a new future in education.
Business Development Representative
As a Business Development Representative (BDR), you will be a key part of TeachLogic’s Education Sales team focused on helping schools amplify teaching and learning outcomes with instructional audio.
We are looking for a motiviated person who will work with school personnel, TeachLogic sales channels, and team members to create, manage and develop new sales pipeline opportunities.
The educator is the heart of our mission, so this role will be crucial in ensuring the end user’s success throughout the entire sales cycle.
- Team Player that alwaus exhibits a positive attitude and willingness to step in and get the job done.
- Self-Starter who can work well both independently and in a group, sharing ideas and problem solving.
- Goal-oriented with superb organizational skills to proactively plan and execute your day, your week, month, and quarter.
- Excellent presentation skills both online and in-person.
- Quick learner that can absorb new information with a high degree of understanding.
- Outgoing personality who understands how to build relationships in established and new accounts.
- Mindfulness to ask questions and address the customer’s most crucial pain points.
- Establish and maintain effective contact with potential and existing customer base through inbound and outbound communications.
- Qualify incoming sales leads to close, or transfer to outside sales.
- Update and maintain accurate records in the customer relationship management (CRM) system.
- Conduct periodic check-ins with customers
- Completing of onboarding
- Evaluate Service
- Promote workshops, training activities
- Introduce new features and products
- Provide accurate and timely quotes, sales requests, updates on orders to internal and external customers.
- Support the outside sales team to ensure the growth of the assigned territory.
- Maintain territorial market and competitor awareness
- Developing and presenting ideas to generate new opportunities
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with internal departments.
Minimum Basic Qualifications:
- 2+ years of sales experience
- Experience with virtual and/or in-person sales
- Superb customer service manners
- Intermediate user level of Microsoft Office applications
- Experience entering large amounts of data into CRM or customer database software
- Confident with customer interactions
- 2+ years of work experience selling education technology, instructional technology or curriculum
- Strong understanding of the education system with experience of effective positioning of classroom technology.
- Hands-on knowledge of the practical use of technology in instructional a huge plus.
- Having been an educator, or relevant experience with education technology or curriculum.
We are an equal opportunity employer and seek diversity in our staff. Candidates should be willing to participate in background checks and drug screening.